A retirement home – sometimes called an old people's home or old age home, although this term can also refer to a nursing home –  is a multi-residence housing facility intended for the elderly. Typically, each person or couple in the home has an apartment-style room or suite of rooms. Additional facilities are provided within the building. This can include facilities for meals, gatherings, recreation activities, and some form of health or hospice care. A place in a retirement home can be paid for on a rental basis, like an apartment, or can be bought in perpetuity on the same basis as a condominium.
- "old people's home - Definition and pronunciation | Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary at OxfordLearnersDictionaries.com". Oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- "old people's home - Definition from Longman English Dictionary Online". Ldoceonline.com. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- Castle, N. G.; Ferguson, J. C. (2010). "What Is Nursing Home Quality and How Is It Measured?". The Gerontologist. 50 (4): 426–442. doi:10.1093/geront/gnq052. PMC 2915498. PMID 20631035.
- "What is a Retirement Home?". Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- Media related to Retirement homes at Wikimedia Commons