|Location||About 4 miles W of Morganton off NC 126, near Morganton, North Carolina|
|Area||8 acres (3.2 ha)|
|Architectural style||Greek Revival|
|NRHP reference No.||73001299|
|Added to NRHP||April 24, 1973|
Swan Ponds is a historic plantation house located near Morganton, Burke County, North Carolina. It was built in 1848, and is a two-story, three bay, brick mansion with a low hip roof in the Greek Revival style. It features a one-story low hip-roof porch with bracketed eaves, a low pedimented central pavilion, and square columns. Swan Ponds plantation was the home of Waightstill Avery (1741–1821), an early American lawyer and soldier. His son Isaac Thomas Avery built the present Swan Ponds dwelling. Swan Ponds was the birthplace of North Carolina politician and lawyer William Waightstill Avery (1816–1864), Clarke Moulton Avery owner of Magnolia Place, and Confederate States Army officer Isaac E. Avery (1828–1863).
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- Survey and Planning Unit (January 1973). "Swan Ponds" (pdf). National Register of Historic Places - Nomination and Inventory. North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. Retrieved 2014-08-01.