|União Nacional dos Estudantes|
|Formation||August 11, 1937; 86 years ago (1937-08-11)|
|Founded at||Rio de Janeiro|
The National Union of Students (União Nacional dos Estudantes or UNE) is a student organization in Brazil. Founded on 11 August 1937, it represents more than 5 million students of higher education, and is headquartered in São Paulo, with branch offices in Rio de Janeiro and Goiás. Its main objective is to achieve education better conditions in the education sector. Although not officially linked to any political party, since 1980 it has been directed by members coming from the Communist Party of Brazil (PCdoB). In July 2019, the 57th Congress of the National Union of Students elected Iago Montalvão, an economics student at the University of São Paulo (USP), as its new president.
- "O PCB e a fundação da UNE". PCB.org.br. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "Estudantes ocupam Congresso por 100% dos royalties do petróleo". Sindutemg.org.br. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "União Nacional dos Estudantes". Siglaseabreviaturas.com. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "União Nacional dos Estudantes". Infoescola.com. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- ""UNE não pertence a nenhum partido político", diz nova presidente". Tv.estadão.com.br. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "Na UNE há mais de 20 anos, PCdoB elege novo presidente". Sul21.com.br. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Portal da UNE (14 July 2019). "UNE tem novo presidente: Iago Montalvão". Portal Vermelho. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- União Nacional dos Estudantes (UNE) official website