Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing
|Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing|
|Publisher(s)||Bandai Namco Entertainment|
|Series||Naruto: Ultimate Ninja|
|Release||July 14, 2016|
|Genre(s)||Action role-playing game|
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing, known as Naruto Shippūden Narutimate Blazing (NARUTO 疾風伝 ナルティメットブレイジング) in Japan, was the first mobile platform game in the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja game series published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. It was a turn-based action role-playing game, and it was available on iOS and Android. The game had a Japanese and English versions.
In 2017, the game grossed ¥10.5 billion ($96 million) in China.
It ended service on February 9, 2021.
Gameplay and content
Players engaged in combat by strategically moving their characters. These characters could level up, known as ‘awakening,’ to beat stronger opponents. After that, they could ‘limit break,’ to achieve an even stronger state. The game featured the following playable game modes: Story, Emergency Mission (Missions to get items that improve your characters or new characters), Trial Missions (get Trial Coins to Limit Break characters), Phantom Castle (fight against Teams of other players and ascend to Floor 100), Ninja Road (get an Acquisition Stone to unlock an ability of a character you own by beating all 20 maps in a row), Ninja World Clash (PvP: Build a Team and play against online opponents). The game was free to play and offered in-app purchase.
The game received relatively positive reviews on its release. An Italian reviewer concluded that "is a simple but fun turn-based strategy game, with plenty of missions and characters to unlock.", awarding it 7.5 out of 10. This sentiments was shared by a number of other reviewers: "fun but repetitive", "not revolutionary... but... easy-going experience". Vincent Haoson reviewing it for MMOhuts noted that while the game has some minor issues, it is "one of the better F2P mobile titles out there", awarding it a 4/5 score.
The game was described as "one of Bandai Namco’s biggest Android titles this  summer".
- "NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja Blazing BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment". NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja Blazing BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- "Naruto Shippuden Narutimate Blazing Smartphone Game Gets English Release". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- Luster, Joseph. ""Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing" Celebrates 10 Million Player Milestone". Crunchyroll. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- Eagen-Jones, Elizabeth M. "Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing launches new celebration event filled with goodies". www.pocketgamer.com. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "중국진출 일본게임 VS 일본진출 중국게임 실적 분석". Mobile Index (in Korean). 2018-06-07.
- "Naruto Shippūden Ultimate Ninja Blazing Smartphone Game Ends Service in February". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2020-12-11.
- "Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing for iPhone/iPad Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2020-12-08.
- "La posizione del ninja". Multiplayer.it (in Italian). Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "Análisis de Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Blazing para iOS en 3DJuegos". 3DJuegos (in Spanish). Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- Quesada, Daniel (2016-09-09). "Análisis de Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Blazing, el juego gratis para móviles". HobbyConsolas (in Spanish). Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- "Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing Mobile Review". MMOHuts. 2016-11-10. Retrieved 2020-09-17.
- Hoff, John (2016-08-26). "Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Blazing now out for Android". Android Community. Retrieved 2020-09-17.