Nanak Shah Fakir
|Nanak Shah Fakir|
|Written by||Amrit Basra|
|Produced by||Harinder Sikka|
|Music by||Uttam Singh|
|Distributed by||Viacom 18 Motion Pictures|
The film was mired in controversies with protests from Sikh groups asking for a ban on the film as it was claimed to depict Sikh figures through actors, which they said violated Sikh tenets.
- Arif Zakaria as Bhai Mardana, narrator
- Puneet Sikka as Bebe Nanaki
- Adil Hussain as Rai Bular Bhatti
- Shraddha Kaul as Mata Tripta
- Anurag Arora as Kalu Mehta
Original score by Tuomas Kantelinen, with music by Uttam Singh and sound design by Resul Pookutty.
|1.||"Sat Guru Nanak"||Bhai Gurdasji||Pt.Jasraj|
|2.||"Daya Kapah"||Guru Nanak Dev ji||Puneet Sikka|
|3.||"Hak Paraya"||Guru Nanak Dev ji||Bhai Nirmal Singh|
|4.||"Maas Maas"||Guru Nanak Dev ji||Bhai Nirmal Singh|
|5.||"Gagan Mein Thaal"||Guru Nanak Dev ji||Bhai Nirmal Singh|
|6.||"Allah Alakh"||Guru Nanak Dev ji||Bhai Nirmal Singh|
|7.||"Jaise Mai Aavai"||Guru Nanak Dev ji||Bhai Nirmal Singh|
|8.||"Khurasan"||Guru Nanak Dev ji||Bhai Nirmal Singh|
|9.||"Nanak Aaya"||Bhai Gurdasji||Pt.Jasraj|
|10.||"Nanak Aaya"||Bhai Gurdasji||Sonu Nigam, Kailash Kher, Roop Kumar Rathod, Uttam Singh, Pt.Jasraj, Jiya Wadekar, Tej Boodardekar, Puneet Sikka|
The supreme Sikh body, Akal Takht announced a ban on the film, as it was claimed to depict Guru Nanak and other prominent Sikh figures (Bebe Nanaki, Bhai Mardana) through human actors, which it said violated Sikh tenets.[clarification needed] A related resolution adopted by the SGPC in 2003 had prohibited human actors from playing the roles of Sikh Gurus or their family members.[clarification needed]
The Government of Punjab decided against allowing the release of the film. The film producers Resul Pookutty and Gurbani Media also appealed to the Supreme Court of India to allow for the release of the film. The Supreme court cleared the film for release, citing the certification provided by India's Central Board for Film Certification.
- Best Feature Film on National Integration – Director Sartaj Singh Pannu
- Best Costume Design – Payal Saluja
- Best Make-up Artist – Preetisheel Singh D'Souza and Clover Wootton
- "SC, Delhi HC refuses to stall screening of 'Nanak Shah Fakir'". tribuneindia.com. 12 April 2018.
- "Sartaj Singh Pannu vs Gurbani Media Pvt Ltd & Anr". New Delhi: High Court of Delhi. 22 May 2015.
- "Nanak Shah Fakir won't be screened in Punjab: State govt after SC clears release". hindustantimes.com. 10 April 2018.
- "No need to intervene as makers defer plans of 'Nanak Shah Fakir' release: CM". hindustantimes.com. 11 April 2018.