Mumbai Diaries 26/11
|Mumbai Diaries 26/11|
|Directed by||Nikkhil Advani|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8 (list of episodes)|
|Production company||Emmay Entertainment|
|Distributor||Amazon Prime Video|
|Original network||Amazon Video|
|Original release||9 September 2021|
Mumbai Diaries 26/11 is an Indian Hindi-language medical drama streaming television series on Amazon Prime Video.The series is directed by Nikhil Advani and Nikhil Gonsalves. Shooting has taken place in locations that were part of the 2008 Mumbai attacks including Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Gateway of India and Leopold Café. The first season of Mumbai Diaries 26/11 released on 9 September 2021 on Amazon Prime Video platform.
Set during the 2008 Mumbai attacks, it follows the staff of Bombay General Hospital and their travails during the unfateful night of November 26, 2008. It also shows incidents happening at the Palace Hotel, and how a journalist tries to report all these incidents.
The series starts with 10 terrorists entering Mumbai through sea route.A journalist I'd trying to get information from a person working in the hospital for some news. As soon as the journalist leaves 2 terrorists attack at the leopard cafe. Dr diya parack is the daughter of the chairman of Bombay general hospital and is appointed there as resident.There are two more residents in the list.Dr Kaushik Oberoi is one of the best doctors working at Bombay general hospital.
- Mohit Raina as Dr. Kaushik Oberoi; Head of trauma surgery, Bombay General Hospital
- Konkona Sen Sharma as Chitra Das ; Social Services Director, Bombay General Hospital
- Tina Desai as Ananya Ghosh, Dr. Oberoi's wife, F & B Services Head of Palace Hotel
- Shreya Dhanwanthary as Mansi Hirani, a journalist
- Satyajeet Dubey as Dr. Ahaan Mirza, first year surgical resident, Bombay General Hospital
- Natasha Bharadwaj as Dr. Diya Parekh, first year surgical resident
- Mrunmayee Deshpande as Dr. Sujata Ajawale, first year surgical resident
- Prakash Belawadi as Dr. Madhusudan Subramaniam, Chief Medical Officer, Bombay General Hospital
- Rishabh Arora as Vasu , Security Guard
- Balaji Gauri as Nurse Sneha Cherian
- Mishal Raheja as Dr. Sahil Aggarwal, Visiting Surgeon, Chief of Ellora Hospital
- Pushkaraj Chirputkar as Nurse Samarth Joshi
- Sonali Kulkarni as Mrs. Kelkar, ATS Chief Anant Kelkar's wife
- Vikram Acharya as Rudro, Ananya's colleague
- Sonali Sachdev as Shamita Parekh, Dr. Diya's mother
The show was called a commendable effort towards a different genre with great sets and fast paced writing. Bhavna Agarwal from Bollywood Bubble gave the web-series a rating of 3.5 stars out of 5 and wrote, "Mohit Raina, Konkona Sen Sharma starrer is an uplifting re-telling of the frightening terror attack. Mumbai Diaries 26/11 is undeniably a medical drama you won’t regret seeing. It is attention-grabbing and impactful." Overall the show has received generally positive reviews.
- "Nikkhil Advani on 'Mumbai Diaries 26/11' success: Overwhelming to see everyone's effort getting recognition". www.mid-day.com. 2021-09-14. Retrieved 2021-09-14.
- "Mumbai Diaries 26/11 trailer out. Amazon series shows doctors' struggle during attack". India Today. 26 August 2021. Retrieved 2021-09-04.
- Roy, Lachmi Deb (31 August 2021). "Nikkhil Advani On Working With Konkona Sen Sharma for 'Mumbai Diaries 26/11': I Got Nervous After She Said 'Yes' For The Show". Outlook India. Retrieved 2021-09-06.
- "Mumbai Diaries 26/11 trailer: Amazon series shows the night of terror, as lived by doctors who didn't give up". Hindustan Times. 2021-08-25. Retrieved 2021-09-04.
- "Satyajeet Dubey on 'Mumbai Diaries 26/11': Had to convey a lot through silences". www.mid-day.com. 2021-09-14. Retrieved 2021-09-14.
- Agarwal, Bhavna (2021-09-10). "Mumbai Diaries 26/11 Review: Mohit Raina, Konkana Sen Sharma starrer is a refreshing re-telling of the ghastly terror attack". Bollywood Bubble. Retrieved 2021-09-13.
- Kotecha, Ronak (9 September 2021), Mumbai Diaries 26/11 Season 1 Review: Hard-hitting and raw but struggles to capture the scale of 26/11, TOI Entertainment Times, retrieved 2021-09-25
- Gupta, Shubhra (2021-09-10). "Mumbai Diaries 26/11 review: An urgent and swift series that feels authentic". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2021-09-25.
- Chatterjee, Saibal (10 September 2021). "Mumbai Diaries 26/11 Review: Gripping Drama Is Both Heart-Stopping And Heart-Breaking". NDTV Movies. Retrieved 2021-09-25.