Jewish on Campus
Jewish on Campus is a student-led Jewish nonprofit organization dedicated towards addressing discrimination against Jewish college students as well as anti-Zionism on college campuses.
In 2020, Jewish on Campus was co-created by Jewish college students, Isaac de Castro and Julia Jassey, as an Instagram page meant to bring awareness to individual incidents of antisemitism on college campuses. However, after online popularity, it transformed into a nonprofit organization. As an organization, Jewish on Campus expanded its work to include a platform for student journalism, data collection and analysis to better understand the state of antisemitism on campuses, and an ambassador program to unify Jewish students across the United States and Canada to make statements representative of American Jewish and Canadian Jewish students.
The organization has been active in Israel-related issues on college campuses. In 2022, Jewish on Campus and other Zionist organizations helped open an investigation at the University of Vermont by filing a complaint over ad-hoc student groups that refused to admit Zionist students as members, among other allegations.
In November 2021, Jewish on Campus became a partner organization of the World Jewish Congress.
- ^ a b "ADL In Concert Against Hate Honors Leaders Fighting Antisemitism and Racism". Anti-Defamation League. Retrieved 2021-12-16.
- ^ Greschler, Gabriel. "Instagram account shares anonymous stories of Jew-hatred on US college campuses". www.timesofisrael.com. Retrieved 2021-12-16.
- ^ Algemeiner, The. "Student-Led Jewish Advocacy Group Shares Data on Hundreds of Campus Experiences With Antisemitism". Algemeiner.com. Retrieved 2021-12-16.
- ^ "Antisemitism growing on US college campuses - survey". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 2021-12-16.
- ^ "US feds open probe into alleged antisemitism at University of Vermont". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 2023-03-28.
- ^ "Does UC Berkeley really have 'Jew-free zones'? We explain". Jewish Telegraphic Agency. Retrieved 2023-03-28.
- ^ "Jewish on Campus to partner with World Jewish Congress". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 2021-12-16.
- Jewish organizations based in the United States
- Anti-racist organizations in the United States
- Opposition to antisemitism in the United States
- Civil liberties advocacy groups in the United States
- Jewish organizations established in the 21st century
- 2020 establishments in the United States
- Student organizations established in the 21st century
- Student organizations in the United States
- Zionist organizations in the United States