|Born||5 July 1973|
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Other names||Geeta Maa|
Geeta Kapur (born 5 July 1973) is an Indian choreographer and television personality. She is known for her work in Hindi films, as well as one of the judges on the dance reality shows; Dance India Dance, Super Dancer, India Ke Mast Kalandar and India's Best Dancer.
Geeta Kapur started her career when she joined the troupe of noted Bollywood choreographer Farah Khan at the age of 15. She later assisted Farah Khan in many films, including Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Dil Toh Pagal Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, Mohabbatein, Kal Ho Na Ho, Main Hoon Na, and Om Shanti Om, and the musical Bombay Dreams (2004). She led choreography in many Bollywood films, including Fiza (2000), Asoka (2001), Saathiya (2002), Heyy Babyy (2007), Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic (2008), Aladin (2009), Tees Maar Khan's Sheila Ki Jawani' (2010), Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya (2011), and Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi (2012). Geeta Kapoor has also choreographed award ceremonies and concerts like Temptation Reloaded, and has also choreographed the opening ceremony of Pepsi IPL 2013.
She started out as a secondary background dancer in many song sequences such as the song 'Dum Tara' of Suchitra Krishnamoorthi, 'Tujhe Yaad Na Meri Aaye' from the movie Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, and 'Gori Gori' from Main Hoon Na, using a mix of classical and modern dance moves. Starting in the late 1990s she performed in movies such as Nayak. She also appeared in Kuch Kuch Locha hai.
Kapur made her television debut with the reality show Dance India Dance (season 1) on Zee TV in 2008, with co-judges choreographers Terrence Lewis and Remo D'Souza. Mithun Chakrabarty was the grand master. She trained a group which was called Geeta Ki Gang.
In 2009, she appeared on the season 2 of Dance India Dance, along with choreographers Terrence Lewis and Remo D'Souza as judges and mentors. They trained 18 contestants in dance forms like ballet, acrobatics, mid-air dancing, contemporary, Bollywood and hip-hop.
Next she made a special appearance in the show DID Lil Masters, in which her mentor Farah Khan and Sandip Soparkar were the judges, during auditions as well as in a special episode. She also acted as the judge of DID Doubles along with choreographers Marzi Pestonji and Rajiv Surti. She judged the third season of the highly acclaimed show Dance India Dance along with Terrence Lewis, and Remo D'Souza. In 2012, she was seen judging the second season of DID Lil Masters along with Marzi Pestonji. Kapoor was then seen as a judge of Dance Ke Superkids along with Farah Khan and Marzi.
|2009||Dance India Dance (season 1)||Judge||Zee TV|
|2010||Dance India Dance (season 2)|
|DID Li'l Masters (season 1)|
|Dance Ke Superstars|
|Dance India Dance (season 3)|
|2012||DID Li'l Masters (season 2)|
|Dance Ke Superkids|
|2013||India's Dancing Superstar||STAR Plus|
|DID Dance Ka Tashan||Zee TV|
|2014||DID Li'l Masters ( season 3 )|
|2015||Dance India Dance Super Mom Season 2|
|Dance India Dance (season 5)||Guest|
|2016||Super Dancer - Dance Ka Kal||Judge||Sony TV|
|2017||Super Dancer Chapter 2|
|2018||Super Dancer Chapter 3|
|India Ke Mast Kalandar||Sony SAB|
|2019||Dance Plus (season 5)||Guest||Star Plus|
|2020||India's Best Dancer||Judge||Sony TV|
|2021||Maharashtra's Best Dancer||Guest||Sony Marathi|
|Super Dancer Chapter 4||Judge||Sony Entertainment Television|
- Kaur, Ravneet (20 March 2009). "Geeta Kapoor makes you dance!". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 19 July 2012.
- PLANET BOLLYWOOD Glittering excess rules in Broadway's new 'Bombay Dreams' New York Daily News, 25 April 2004.
- "Dance India Dance, Watch Geeta Kapur Being Honored in April 18 Episode". Archived from the original on 29 March 2018. Retrieved 5 June 2010.
- Saltz, Rachel (2012). "Geeta Kapoor". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. Archived from the original on 25 February 2012.
- "Dance India Dance Season 1". zee5. Retrieved 28 January 2020.
- Bhirani, Radhika (31 December 2009). "The reality of the small screen". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 28 September 2013.
- "SAB TV launches two new shows 'India Ke Mast Kalandar' and 'Namune' in the weekend slots". Mumbai Live. Retrieved 26 December 2019.
- "Geeta Kapur and Terence Lewis join Remo D'souza in Dance+ 5". IWMBuzz. 5 December 2019. Retrieved 26 December 2019.
- "Malaika Arora, Geeta Kapur & Terence Lewis to judge Sony TV's new dance show". BizAsia. 20 December 2019. Retrieved 26 December 2019.