Ang Tshering Sherpa (mountaineer)
Ang Tshering Sherpa
|Organization||Asian Trekking Pvt. Ltd.|
He started working as a porter in mountain tourism in the early 70s. In 1982 he founded Asian Trekking Pvt. Ltd., one of the largest trekking and expedition agencies in Nepal and Tibet. Sherpa studied MBBS for three years at Darbhanga Medical College.
Since 1990, he has been on the Central Executive Board of the Nepal Mountaineering Association. From 2002 to 2011 he was president for three terms and now serves as the Immediate Past President. In addition, he is President of the Union of Asian Alpine Associations. In these functions he has been strongly committed to environmental protection and warns of the changes and dangers in the Himalayas caused by climate change.
He is married to a Belgian who heads the Belgian Consulate in Kathmandu. Ang Tshering Sherpa was appointed Honorary Consul of Belgium. He is general representative of the mountain association of China and Tibet.
Awards and honors
- Geiger, Stephanie (2014). Bergsteigen im Himalaja. Neue Regeln für das große Gipfelabenteuer (in German). Frankfurter Allgemeinen Zeitung, 10 January 2014.
- "Climate Witness: Ang Tshering Sherpa, Nepal". WWF. 17 September 2007. Archived from the original on 11 December 2013. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- "Ang Tshering Sherpa". Asian Trekking Pvt. Ltd. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- Rana, Ujeena. "On Top of The World – Ang Tshering Sherpa". Business 360. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- Douglas, Ed (11 December 2014). Chomolungma Sings the Blues: Travels Round Everest. London: Constable & Robinson. ISBN 9781472117175. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- "We need to talk directly with potential tourists". Nepali Times. 3 May 2002. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Central Executive Board". NMA. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- "ex-President". UAAA. Retrieved 1 April 2020.
- "Everest needs more cleaning to promote tourism". The Himalayan Times. 2 June 2011.
- "Honorary Members". UIAA. Retrieved 1 April 2020.