Andy Miller (businessman)
|Education||Union College (BA)|
Boston College (JD)
|Title||CEO of NRG Esports|
Andrew "Andy" D. Miller (born December 14, 1968) is an American businessman and technology/sports entrepreneur. He was formerly the Vice President for Mobile Advertising at Apple Inc. As of 2015, Miller is a co-owner of the Sacramento Kings of the National Basketball Association (NBA), Chairman and co-owner of NRG Esports, co-owner of the Modesto Nuts, high Single A minor league baseball affiliate of the Seattle Mariners of MLB, co-founder of Remix Media, Inc. and its app Spun, as well as co-founder of start-up vehicle StartingFive.
After graduating from law school he worked for a law firm based in Boston but was later laid off due to the recession of the 1990s. From 2003 to 2006 he served as Senior Vice President for Business Development at Verisign.
In 2006, he co-founded and ran Quattro Wireless. In 2009, he sold Quattro Wireless to Apple for $275M, joining Apple at the same time and reporting directly to Steve Jobs, leaving late in 2011. From 2011 to 2014 he was a partner with Highland Capital Partners. He then became president and chief operating officer at Leap Motion until April 7, 2014. After leaving Leap Motion he created a start-up called Remix Media Inc. In November 2015 Miller co-founded a professional video gaming esports team called NRG Esports with Sacramento Kings co-owner Mark Mastrov. NRG owns and operates the San Francisco Shock, one of the 20 franchised teams in Activision Blizzard's Overwatch League. In November 2017, Miller continued his involvement with esports and became an investor for a mobile esports company called Skillz as part of the company's Series C funding round.
He was born in Boston and attended Lexington High School in Lexington, Massachusetts in 1986. He graduated with a BA from Union College in 1990. He received a JD from the Boston College School of Law in 1993.
- Miller bio
- Martindale Hubbell Online Directory
- Masthead (1992)
- It's pretty rare to find a boss that you don't want to punch in the glowing weak spots, or throw into a pool of lava, but we are lucky over here at NRG and @SFShock Happy Birthday @amiller
- United States Public Records, 1970-2009 (Massachusetts, 1996-2008)
- Frommer, Dan (January 6, 2016). "Meet Apple's Mobile Advertising Boss, Andy Miller". Business Insider. Retrieved January 5, 2016.
- Head of the Hunt: Andy Miller
- LinkedIn Profile
- Gannes, Liz (April 7, 2014). "Confirmed: Former Apple Exec Andy Miller Out at Leap Motion". recode.net.
- Primack, Dan (October 7, 2014). "Ex-Apple exec Andy Miller's next act". Retrieved January 5, 2016.
- Volk, Pete (November 16, 2015). "NRG eSports, new LCS team purchased by Sacramento Kings co-owners, announces roster". SB Nation. Retrieved January 5, 2015.
- Heitner, Darren. "Mobile Esports Leader Raises $25 Million Series C Round And Aspires To Go Public". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-02-28.
- "Andrew Miller J.D.: Executive Profile & Biography". Businessweek. Retrieved January 6, 2016.