Allen Kaeja (born in Kitchener, Ontario) is a Canadian film director and choreographer. He entered the field of dance after nine years of wrestling and judo, and has created over 90 dance pieces since 1981 and choreographed 26 films. Kaeja is one of the co-artistic directors of Kaeja d'Dance, along with his wife Karen Kaeja and has completed an MA dance degree at York University. He is co-founder of the CanAsian International Dance Festival.
Kaeja's dance film Of the Heart (2008) was co-directed with Douglas Rosenberg. Allen and Karen Kaeja teach master classes in Kaeja Partnering and Dance Film. Allen teaches at the School of the Toronto Dance Theatre and Ryerson University.
In 2011, Kaeja co-created the Porch View Dances series with Karen Kaeja and Kaeja d'Dance. In 2019, in honour of the success of the series in Toronto's Seaton Village, the city of Toronto officially renamed a laneway in the neighbourhood "Porch View Dances Lane."
- "Meet the Artists - ArtsAlive.ca Dance". artsalive.ca.
- "Kaeja d'Dance". The Canadian Encyclopedia. Retrieved August 29, 2019.
- "Of the Heart by Douglas Rosenberg & Allen Kaeja". www.dvpg.net.
- Fraiman, Michael (August 2, 2019). "The porches are alive with the sound of music". The Canadian Jewish News. Retrieved August 23, 2019.
- "Toronto laneway to be named in honour of Porch View Dances". Toronto.com. June 30, 2019. Retrieved August 23, 2019.