2011 Pan American Games closing ceremony
|Part of a series on the|
The closing ceremony was originally scheduled to be held at Jalisco Stadium. However, the organizing committee for the Games (COPAG) changed the venue to Omnilife Stadium, because of its superior infrastructure and technological capability to host the event. Also, its proximity to the athletes village helped expedite the transportation of athletes and helped ensure their safety.
Dignitaries and other officials in attendance
- David Johnston, Governor General of Canada
- Bal Gosal, Canadian Minister of Sport
- Charles Sousa, Ontario Minister of Labour and minister responsible for the 2015 Pan and Parapan Games
- Rob Ford, Mayor of Toronto
- El estadio Omnilife será sede de los Juegos Panamericanos 2011[permanent dead link] (in Spanish)
- "Pan American Regulation". Pan American Sports Organization. May 27, 2011. Archived from the original on January 30, 2011.
- Ricky Martin to perform in closing ceremonies of Pan Am Games
- Governor General to attend closing ceremonies of the Pan American Games Archived April 1, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Canada Ready to Accept Pan American Games Flag