Wikipedia:Requests for page importation
|Requests for page importation|
This is a place to request that pages be imported with history of pages from other Wikimedia Foundation wikis to here. This might be done if a page was copied and pasted from a WMF wiki to here, or, in the case of the Nostalgia Wikipedia, to make very old revisions accessible. Administrators can import pages from Meta, the Outreach Wiki, the Test2 Wikipedia site, and the German, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, and Nostalgia Wikipedias to the English Wikipedia (see Phabricator task 22280 for relevant shell permission requests, and to request permissions for importing from more projects). It is also to indirectly perform a transwiki import from other projects by using step-wise process through a third project that has a project mapping already created, although using the export/import process may be simpler.
Check the history of the source page before importing. If there are overlapping edits between the source and destination page, import the edits into the MediaWiki talk namespace, since it is very rarely used. Follow this procedure, where "foo" is the title of the page in the English Wikipedia and "bar" is the title of the source page:
The same procedure can be used when there are no overlapping edits, but in this case, it's best to move the page first, so the import appears in the page history.
In general, do not use the "assign edits to local users where the named user exists locally", leaving this off will indicate in the history the project the edits came from and you won't have to worry about non-created accounts here.
Import of de:Vince Ebert to Vince Ebert
- Language: de:Vince Ebert
- New name: Vince Ebert
- Note: --JCS (talk) 21:40, 4 June 2019 (UTC)
- Note by importing administrator: not done, I can't import non-English text straight into the main namespace. : @JCS:, please either translate it first or allow the revisions to be imported into your userspace. Graham87 02:08, 5 June 2019 (UTC)
Import of de:Don Jaffé to Don Jaffe
- Language: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Jaffé:
- New name: Don Jaffe
- Note: --TillTank (talk) 07:42, 6 June 2019 (UTC)
- Note by importing administrator: not done, I can't import non-English text straight into the main namespace. : TillTank, please either translate it first or allow the revisions to be imported into your userspace. Also, is there any particular reason you don't want the accent in the title on enwiki? We normally keep those. Graham87 14:31, 6 June 2019 (UTC)
thanks for your reply! I have asked Don Jaffe about the accent -- he wants to not have it anymore. I have already translated the article. Could you help me with inserting it? Shall I just copy it into here?
Import of de:BMW F 76 to BMW F 76
- Language: de:BMW F 76
- New name: BMW F 76
- Note: --Hans Haase (有问题吗) 09:05, 9 June 2019 (UTC)
- Note by importing administrator: Done — xaosflux Talk 12:52, 9 June 2019 (UTC)
- Language: de:Elisabeth Erdmann-Macke
- New name: Elisabeth Erdmann-Macke
- Note: Some parts of the German article appear to be imported, e.g. the literature section, but it has been expanded by information from additional sources, which are shown in the references. --NearEMPTiness (talk) 04:21, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- Note by importing administrator: @Gerda Arendt:, since you translated the article, what do you think of this request? I'm not that inclined to do it because of this edit summary (which would make less sense buried by an import]) and just because importing is nowhere near as common here as it is on the English Wikipedia. Gerda, I'd be OK with the import being done if you want that. Graham87 15:45, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- I don't want it, but the German author sort of requested it (on my de user talk), - perhaps unfamiliar with the difference. After I explained how we do it here, there was no comment, so it can probably stay as it is. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 16:15, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- Alright, not done. Graham87 06:14, 22 June 2019 (UTC)