|This Wikipedia page has been superseded by Wikipedia:Page_Curation/Help, and it is retained primarily for historical interest.|
New Pages Feed
New Pages Feed is a tool developed by the Foundation as an alternative to Special:NewPages. Our hope is that it will improve the quality of new articles, the ease with which these articles can be patrolled, the quality of the reviews and their impact on page creators.
The New Pages Feed "list view" is a complete overhaul of Special:NewPages itself, and is intended to be an improvement of its user interface, making it easier to find, sort, and filter pages that need to be reviewed. A screenshot of it is shown to the right of this page. Features for this include:
- A lot more data about an article is surfaced. It is possible to see, through the New Pages Feed itself, things like who patrolled it, whether the article has been nominated for deletion, and data about the article itself (size, a preview of the text, whether it has been categorised, how many users have contributed to it). This makes identifying pages you may have an interest in far easier and more accurate, because you no longer have to open them individually to find out most of that information.
- The 30 day limit has been removed. This was a source of stress, because it created a completely artificial time constraint and sense of pressure. Instead, unpatrolled articles will appear in the log regardless of their age, while patrolled articles will remain in the list for 60 days.
- The bug that prevents articles created from redirects and articles that were moved from one namespace to another from appearing in the relevant Special:NewPages queue has been fixed.
- The bug that makes the patrol button vanish if you edit an article before patrolling it has been fixed.
- Key statistics, including a leaderboard and the number of articles that remain unpatrolled, have been introduced.
- Better filtering and sorting, to allow for more accurate selection of the kind of articles individual patrollers are interested in working on, have been implemented.
Try out the New Pages Feed yourself and let us know what you think! For more information about this tool, check our help page. New page reviewers have the option of using a user script that combines the two main Page Curation features, namely the Special:NewPagesFeed and the curation toolbar.
This Curation Toolbar is available to editors with the New Page Patroller right, for any page (other than pages they themselves created) listed in the New Pages Feed. Once you have the right, from that feed, click on any page title (or the "Review" button) to view that page, along with its Curation Toolbar, which appears as a gray vertical bar near the right edge of your browser window. Note that you can close that toolbar by clicking on the 'x' icon—or minimize it by clicking on the icon to the right. If you close the Curation Toolbar accidentally, you can open it again by clicking on Curate this article in the 'Tools' section of the left sidebar; this option is not available though if you were the page creator.
This tool is compatible with Twinkle, and can be used as well as, or instead of it.