Value Partners (asset management)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||SEHK: 806|
|Founder||Dato' Seri Cheah Cheng-hye|
Mr. Yeh V-nee
Hong Kong (British Hong Kong)
|Chairman & Co-CIO: Dato' Seri Cheah Cheng-hye|
Deputy Chairman & Co-CIO: Mr. Louis So Chun-ki
CEO: Dr. King Lun Au
|AUM||$18.2 billion (as of 2018)|
The company was founded in 1993 as a boutique firm by the present Chairman & Co-chief investment officer Dato' Seri Cheah Cheng Hye, and businessman Yeh V-nee, a non-official member of the Executive Council of Hong Kong from 2009 to 2012.
Value Partners positions itself as a value investor and adopts value investing strategy for its funds. Headquartered in Hong Kong, Value Partners has offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and London. It has a global client base and is regarded as one of Asia's largest asset management firms  by the industry.
Value Partners was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (Stock code: 806 HK) in November 2007 and it is the first asset management firm listed in Hong Kong.
Value Partners disposed its 49% equity interests in Goldstate Capital Fund Management Co., Ltd. to a company under Yunnan Jiutian Investment Enterprises Ltd in 2015, for a consideration of RMB45 million.
In 2019, Value Partners launched an investment fund towards China for British and European investors after demands for this service had increased. The move comes one year after an assessment by American asset manager Northern Trust, which found that Asian investment funds find it difficult to compete in the European market. According to the study, Value Partners only sourced $211 million, accounting for just 1.3% of its total assets under management.
- Management, Created by Javacatz, maintained by Asia Asset. "Value Partners appoints King Lun Au as new CEO - Asia Asset Management - The Journal of Investments & Pensions". www.asiaasset.com. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- http://citywireselector.com/news/asia-s-ucits-arms-race-value-partners-ceos-expansion-plans/a1134953. Missing or empty
- "Value Partners expands beyond Asia to meet demand for global assets". Asian Investor. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- "Value Partners Group announces 2016 final results" (PDF).
- Rockel, Nick. "Value Partners still largest Hedge Fund in Asia Desprite Losses". Institutional Investor. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "The 15 Biggest Asian-Based Hedge Funds". Business Insider. Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- Management, Created by Javacatz, maintained by Asia Asset. "Cheah Cheng Hye conferred civil honours in Malaysia - Asia Asset Management - The Journal of Investments & Pensions". www.asiaasset.com. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "New KL office an emotional homecoming for Value Partners founder". The Edge Markets. 2018-10-24. Retrieved 2019-12-05.
- "Value Partners At A Glance | Value Partners". Value Partners. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Value Partners Group on the Forbes Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion List". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-12-05.
- "DISCLOSEABLE TRANSACTION DISPOSAL OF 49% EQUITY INTEREST IN GOLDSTATE CAPITAL". HKEX.
- "Value Partners launches all-China fund for UK investors". www.investmentweek.co.uk. 2019-10-03. Retrieved 2019-12-04.
- Adviser, International (2018-10-17). "Asia-based fund groups struggle in Europe". International Adviser. Retrieved 2019-12-04.