University of New York in Prague
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
University of New York in Prague Exterior
|Rector||Andreas Antonopoulos, MEng, PhD, MBA|
Londynska 41, Prague 2, Czech Republic,
|Colors||blue and white|
The University of New York in Prague (UNYP) is a private higher education institution in Prague, Czech Republic. It was established in 1998 in cooperation with the State University of New York at New Paltz and Empire State College, both part of the State University of New York (SUNY). UNYP was recognized by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports in 2001 on the basis of accreditation of its study programs in Business Administration and International European Relations. UNYP is a member of the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education.
Originally located in the historic old town of Prague, on the corner of Mikovcova and Legerova streets, in 2014 UNYP moved to a new campus on Londýnská 41 in Vinohrady (Prague 2).
UNYP offers accredited bachelor's degrees, Master's programs, MBA programs, and PhD programs in English, in partnership with universities in the United States and across Europe. More than 60% of faculty members hold doctoral degrees. These doctorates are most frequently from Charles University or the Prague University of Economics.
The university awards four-year American bachelor's degrees in the fields of Business Administration, International Economic Relations, Communication and Mass Media, Psychology, English Language and Literature, and IT Management. These courses are offered in cooperation with the State University of New York, Empire State College, and recognized and accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education as well by the US Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The university also awards three-year European bachelor's degrees in the field of Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Human Resources, Sports Management, or Finance. European bachelor's degrees are recognized and accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education as well as the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
Master's Degrees offered by UNYP include:
- an MA in Strategic Communications, in cooperation with University of Bolton, United Kingdom
- an MA in Psychology
- an M.Sc. in International Management, also in cooperation with the University of Bolton, United Kingdom
PhDs are awarded by UNYP in cooperation with the University of Bolton in the United Kingdom.
UNYP has been a part of higher education system of the Czech Republic since 2001, when it was recognised by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports as a private higher education institution on the basis of the accreditation of its study programs. Currently, six degree programs at UNYP are accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education and Czech National Accreditation Bureau for Higher Education, and lead to a Bachelor's or master's degree awarded by UNYP:
- Business Administration (Bachelor's degree, 3-year program)
- Business Administration (Bachelor's degree, 4-year program)
- Communication & Media (Bachelor's degree, 4-year program)
- International Relations (Bachelor's degree, 4-year program)
- Psychology (Bachelor's degree, 4-year program)
- Psychology (Master's degree, 2-year program)
UNYP also has permission from the Czech Ministry of Education to offer degree programs from a number of foreign universities, leading to the awarding of Bachelor's or master's degrees from those universities. The foreign partner universities include:
- State University of New York, Empire State College, United States (International Relations, Business Administration, Psychology, IT Management, English Language & Literature)
- La Salle University, United States (Strategic Communication)
- University of Bolton, UK (International Management, Strategic Communications, LL.M.)
Internationally, UNYP is accredited by the British Accreditation Council (BAC), and the university's business programs (MBA and 3-year Bachelor's program) are accredited by the US-based International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE). In the Czech Republic, UNYP's MBA program has also been accredited by the Czech Association of MBA Schools since 2003. Several UNYP higher education programs are approved by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for United States veterans and their eligible dependents to use their veterans benefits.
UNYP joined the American Chamber of Commerce in the Czech Republic in 1999, the Czech Association of MBA Schools (CAMBAS) in 2003, and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in the Czech Republic in 2014. It is also a member of the Central and East European Management Development Association (CEEMAN), an association of business education providers in Central and Eastern Europe.
- "Bachelor's Programs". Unyp.cz. 9 May 2016. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "Master's Programs". Unyp.cz. 25 January 2016. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "UNYP MBA Programs". Unyp.cz. 14 January 2016. Retrieved 8 June 2018.