This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Dato' Peter Ng|
|Chancellor||Tan Sri Datuk Seri Panglima Dr Abdul Rahman Arshad|
|Vice-Chancellor||Academician Senior Professor Dato' Dr Khalid Yusoff|
|Campus||Kuala Lumpur, Sarawak, Terengganu|
UCSI University is a comprehensive university in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The University has been consistently moving up its rankings and has distinguished itself as a higher learning institution with years of track record in providing educational excellence since its establishment. In the QS World University Rankings 2021, UCSI climbed 51 spots to be ranked 391, placing among the world’s top 400 varsities  . Its music school – Institute of Music (IMus) – is a top 100 in the world and Malaysia’s foremost school in the area of performing arts twice in a row (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019) UCSI is also Asia’s fastest rising university (QS University Rankings: Asia 2018) and is rated in Tier 5 (Emerging Universities) in SETARA 2017, placing it on a par with established foreign branch campuses in Malaysia.
UCSI offers various disciplines, which include, but are not limited to medicine, pharmacy, engineering, IT, applied sciences, business, architecture, music, social sciences, creative arts and hospitality, at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Institute of Music (IMus) emerged as one of top 100 schools for performing arts in the QS World University Rankings by Subject year 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Partnering with more than 4,200 companies, UCSI runs one of Malaysia's widest university-industry networks, providing students and staff with internships, job opportunities, knowledge transfers and joint research arrangements. It is Malaysia's fourth-best university in the 2019 QS Graduate Employability Rankings. Graduate outcomes are prioritized and the university counts among its alumni three Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia inductees, business leaders and some of Malaysia's most acclaimed musicians and performers like Dennis Lau and Joanne Yeoh.
The university is also a firm advocate of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. UCSI is the first and only private university in Malaysia to be recognised as a regional centre of expertise by the United Nations University.
UCSI was founded in 1986 by Dato' Peter Ng as a computer training institute in Petaling Jaya. It soon relocated to new premises in Kuala Lumpur to cater to growing student numbers and more academic programmes were offered. UCSI was accorded college status in 1990 by the Ministry of Education (Malaysia), university college status in 2003 and full-fledged university status in 2008, becoming Malaysia's second private university. The institution was formerly known as Sedaya.
Faculties and institutes
UCSI University has seven faculties and three institutes that offer more than 100 academic programmes.
• Faculty of Applied Sciences • Faculty of Business and Management • Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment • Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management • Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences • Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences • Faculty of Social Science and Liberal Arts • Institute of Music • Institute of Computer Science and Digital Innovation • De Institute of Creative Arts and Design
- "World university rankings: UCSI is Malaysia's top private varsity again | Malay Mail Online". www.malaymail.com. Retrieved 19 June 2019.
- "Varsities rise in QS world ranking - Education | New Straits Times". www.nst.com.my. Retrieved 17 June 2020.
- "UM tops list for producing employable grads - Nation | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- "UCSI alumni on Forbes list - Education | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "Music on their minds - Education | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "UCSI University gets UN recognition - Nation | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 24 October 2018.