The Watford UTC
|The Watford UTC|
|Department for Education URN||141004 Tables|
|Acting Principal||Paul Quinn|
|Age||14 to 19|
|Enrolment||163 as of 2017[update]|
The Watford UTC is a 14–19 University Technical College (UTC) in Watford, England that opened in September 2014. The UTC specialises in Event Management, Hospitality and Computer Science.
The UTC's sponsors are the University of Hertfordshire, Hilton Worldwide (whose European base is in Watford), and Twin Technology who specialise in server provision and virtualisation.
It was visited by Ofsted in 2017 and declared a good school. In 2018 it failed to set a balanced budget and had its funding monitored by central government.
The school is tiny, and half empty. In 2021 it is planning to open a Key Stage 3 section, teaching eleven year olds.
The Department for Education has confirmed that The Watford UTC will close at the end of the 2022/2023 academic year.
|Additional GCSE options|
|Other possible A-level options|
|Student can be entered for addition A level, fFor example in a home language such as Polish, where they would be able to undertake the Polish Language A-level as one of their choices.|
- ^ Cherryman, Beth (7 August 2014). "Parking concerns could put the brakes on Watford University Technical College". Watford Observer. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- ^ Whittaker, Freddie (11 May 2018). "Watford UTC hit with financial notice to improve". Schools Week. Retrieved 12 April 2021.
- ^ "THE WATFORD ACADEMY & UTC" (PDF). /www.watfordutc.org. Retrieved 12 April 2021.
- ^ Flanagan, Chris (3 February 2023). "Watford UTC 'disappointed' as closure this summer confirmed". Watford Observer. Retrieved 5 February 2023.
- ^ "Watford UTC KS4". www.watfordutc.org. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- ^ "Watford UTC Post 16". www.watfordutc.org. Retrieved 17 February 2019.