The Leventhorpe School
|The Leventhorpe School, A Business and Enterprise Academy|
|Coordinates||51°49′15″N 0°08′57″E / 51.8207°N 0.1491°ECoordinates: 51°49′15″N 0°08′57″E / 51.8207°N 0.1491°E|
|Motto||"Excellence, Commitment, Respect"|
|Department for Education URN||137156 Tables|
|Age||11 to 19|
|Houses||Rivers, Fawbert, Barnard, Lawrence, Newsom, Cutforth, Wilkins, Moore|
Leventhorpe School is a mixed, 11-19 secondary school and sixth form in the town of Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire. The school became an academy in August 2011, and is part of the Rivers Multi-Academy Trust.
As of 2018, the school's last inspection was in 2012 when it was judged Outstanding in each of the five categories.
In 2017, the school's Progress 8 score at GCSE was -0.08, in line with the England average, and the Attainment 8 score was 53 points, above the England and Hertfordshire averages. In 2018, GCSE results "exceed[ed] national targets".
The average grade at A level in 2018 was C, just below the England and Hertfordshire averages of C+. Absence and persistent absence were better than the England average for 2016/17.
Notable former pupils
- Dodie Clark, YouTuber and musician
- Andrew Osagie, athlete
- Adam Smith, footballer
- ^ a b c d e f g h i "Leventhorpe". Find and compare schools in England. GOV.UK. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- ^ Norris, Frank (14 February 2012). "Academy conversion and predecessor schools". Ofsted. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- ^ Passant, Roderick (2012). "The Leventhorpe School: Inspection report". Ofsted. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- ^ Corr, Sinead (23 August 2018). "Pupils at Sawbridgeworth's Leventhorpe school rise to the challenge of GCSE exams". Bishop’s Stortford Independent. Retrieved 14 October 2018.