|Type of business||Limited company|
Type of site
|Industry||Bookselling, Online shopping|
|Revenue||£69 million (2010)|
Book Depository (previously The Book Depository) is a UK-based online book seller with a large catalogue offered with free shipping to over 160 countries. The store was founded by a former Amazon employee. In 2011 it was acquired by Amazon.
In 2009 and 2010, it won Direct Bookselling Company of the year at the Bookseller Industry Awards and the Queen's Award For Enterprise.
- Wood, Zoe (5 July 2011). "Booksellers fear 'stranglehold' as Amazon snaps up British rival The Book Depository". London: The Guardian.
- "Site Info". BookDepository.com. Alexa Internet.
- "Site Info". BookDepository.co.uk. Alexa Internet.
- "Which countries do you deliver to?", Help, The Book depository.
- "How does the Amazon acquisition affect The Book Depository customers?", Help, The Book Depository.
- "Start-up Award". UK: Startups.
- "Bookdepository". 100 List. UK: Fast Track. 2008. Archived from the original on 2012-01-12.
- "Bookseller Award". Events force.