Template talk:European farmhouse types

Jump to navigation Jump to search


Why are there 3 links to the Geesthardenhouse? The other two (Cimbrian and Schleswig) refer geographically to the same region and the article mentions both 3 of them as equal.--Beliar (talk) 22:21, 24 May 2011 (UTC)

Because they are different names for the same thing. If we don't have them all in the template, someone may not spot what they are looking for. E.g. if we leave Cimbrian house out, someone who only knows it as a Cimbrian house will think it's not there. HTH. --Bermicourt (talk) 06:03, 25 May 2011 (UTC)

Deskford Reversion[edit]

Not sure why this user is unaware of the difference between English and British? The section contains just 2 categories and requires expansion however the Dartmoor longhouse covers a type found in Devon, Cornwall, Wales and Cumbria and, apparently, parts of Scotland and Brittany. Wales is definitely not in England, arguably Cornwall and more arguably Cumbria and Devon are not part of the English cultural continuum in the context of medieval architecture. British covers this more suitably and accurately from both a historic and modern technical perspective.