Société québécoise du cannabis
|Headquarters||7500, rue Tellier, Montreal, Quebec|
|Products||Recreational cannabis to consumers|
|Owner||Government of Quebec|
|Parent||Société des alcools du Québec|
The Société québécoise du cannabis or SQDC (transl. Quebec Cannabis Corporation), is a provincial Crown corporation in Quebec and subsidiary of the Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ, the Quebec liquor and alcohol corporation) responsible for the trade of recreational cannabis within the province. The act establishing the Crown corporation, Bill 157, was tabled in the National Assembly of Quebec on November 16, 2017 and was officially adopted on June 12, 2018.
The Government of Quebec opened 12 branches in 2018 to manage a contract valued at approximately $500 million Canadian.
Branches are located in Montreal, Quebec City, Mascouche, Trois-Rivières, Drummondville, Mirabel and Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu.
On March 13 2019, the SQDC opened a new store at 9575 rue Ignace, in Brossard.
Financing and income.
Under the Act respecting the Société des alcools du Québec, the SQDC's revenues from the sale of cannabis must be used for the following purposes:
The elimination of any deficit that the SQDC may incur;
The transfer to be made by the Minister of Finance each year to the Cannabis Prevention and Research Fund, and also the prevention of the use of psychoactive substances, as well as the fight against related harms.
- Plante, Caroline (12 June 2018). "Quebec passes long-awaited cannabis law". CTV Montreal. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- Laframboise, Kalina (16 November 2017). "Quebec government reveals details of marijuana bill". CBC News. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
- Lessard, Denis. "Des règles sévères pour la consommation du cannabis". La Presse (in French). Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- cannafinest (2019-02-26). "The SQDC or The Société québécoise du cannabis". CannaFinest. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- Omran, Ahmed; Tagnit-Hamou, Arezki (April 2016). "Performance of glass-powder concrete in field applications". Construction and Building Materials. 109: 84–95. doi:10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2016.02.006. ISSN 0950-0618.
|This Cannabis-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Quebec-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|