Quaker United Nations Office
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Quaker United Nations Office (QUNO) is a non-governmental organisation representing the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) at the United Nations in Geneva and New York City. Parent bodies of QUNO are the Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC), American Friends Service Committee and Quaker Peace and Social Witness. FWCC holds consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council, and the Quaker UN Offices in New York and Geneva operate on behalf of Friends worldwide through this status. The offices work closely on issues of Human Rights and refugees, peace and disarmament, human impacts of climate change, as well as peacebuilding and the prevention of violent conflict.
In June 2013, Andrew Tomlinson and Jonathan Woolley, Directors of the New York and Geneva offices, were listed jointly by Action On Armed Violence, as one of the 100 most influential global actors in armed violence reduction.
- Atwood, David From the inside out: observations on Quaker work at the United Nations, Australia Yearly Meeting 2012, ISBN 9780646569383, 2012 Backhouse lecture.
- "United Nations Civil Society Participation (iCSO) – Friends World Committee for Consultation". esango.un.org. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "QUNO Review 2019 | QUNO". quno.org. Retrieved 2019-07-25.
- "The 100 most influential people in the world of armed violence - AOAV". 2013-06-28. Retrieved 2016-06-25.
- "David Atwoord, The Geneva Declaration on Armed Violence and Development - Review - Geneva Declaration". www.genevadeclaration.org. Retrieved 2019-07-25.
- Sievers, Loraine; Daws, Sam (2014-09-11). The Procedure of the UN Security Council. OUP Oxford. pp. v. ISBN 9780191508431.
- Collett, Stephen "Sixty Years with the UN in New York: A history of the Quaker United Nations Office in New York" http://quno.org/resources/author/stephen-collett
|This Quaker-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|