This article does not cite any sources. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Part of a series on financial services|
Private banks are the banks owned by either the individual or a general partner(s) with limited partner(s). Private banks are not incorporated. In any such case, the creditors can look to both the "entirety of the bank's assets" as well as the entirety of the sole-proprietor's/general-partners' assets.
These banks have a long tradition in Switzerland, dating back to at least the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes (1685). Private banks also have a long tradition in the UK where C. Hoare & Co. has been in business since 1672.
Notable private banks
This list contains two types of banks:
- Unincorporated banks owned by either an individual or a general partner(s) with limited partner(s).
- Incorporated banks specialized in wealth management for high-net-worth individuals.
- Compagnie Financière Edmond de Rothschild, Paris, founded in 1953; a member of Edmond de Rothschild Group
- Société Générale
- Delbruck Bethmann Maffei, Frankfurt, founded in 1748; a member of ABN AMRO
- M. M. Warburg & Co., Hamburg, founded in 1798
- Sal. Oppenheim, Cologne, founded in 1789; a member of Deutsche Bank
- Banca Sella Group, founded in 1886.
- Maduro & Curiel's Bank, Willemstad, founded in 1917
- MeesPierson, Rotterdam, founded in 1720: a member of ABN AMRO
- Bankia banca privada
- Bankinter banca privada
- BBVA gestión de patrimonios
- CaixaBank Banca Privada
- Santander Private Banking
- BNP Paribas Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse banca privada
- UBS Wealth Management, UBS Bank
- Banque privée Edmond de Rothschild, Geneva, founded in 1923; a member of Edmond de Rothschild Group
- Baumann & Cie, Banquiers, Basel, founded in 1920
- EFG International, Zurich, founded in 1995; a member of EFG Group
- Julius Baer, Zurich, founded in 1890
- La Roche & Co., Basel, founded in 1787
- Landolt & Cie, Lausanne, founded in 1780
- Lombard Odier & Cie, Geneva, founded in 1796
- Pictet & Cie, Geneva, founded in 1805
- Union Bancaire Privée, Geneva, founded in 1969
- Arbuthnot Latham & Co., London, founded in 1833
- Brown Shipley, London, founded in 1810; a member of KBL epb Group
- Cater Allen, London, founded in 1816: a member of Santander
- Child & Co.., London, founded in 1664; a member of Royal Bank of Scotland
- C. Hoare & Co., London, founded in 1672
- Coutts & Co., London, founded in 1692; a member of Royal Bank of Scotland
- Hampden & Co., Edinburgh, founded in 2015
- Weatherbys, Established in 1770 as a bank to the horse racing industry, now based in Northamptonshire