Business economics is a field in applied economics which uses economic theory and quantitative methods to analyze business enterprises and the factors contributing to the diversity of organizational structures and the relationships of firms with labour, capital and product markets. A professional focus of the journal Business Economics has been expressed as providing "practical information for people who apply economics in their jobs."
Business economics is an integral part of traditional economics. It is an extension of economic concepts to the real business situations. It is an applied science in the sense of a tool of managerial decision-making and forward planning by management. In other words, Business economics is concerned with the application of economic theory to business management.
Thatgamecompany, stylized as thatgamecompany, is an American independent video game development studio co-founded by University of Southern California students Kellee Santiago and Jenova Chen in 2006. The studio was formerly a developer for Sony Computer Entertainment, contracted to create three downloadable games for the PlayStation 3's PlayStation Network service, and has since secured independent funding. The first of their games is a remake of Chen's award-winning Flash title Flow, with enhanced visuals and sound, added multiplayer modes and compatibility with the PlayStation 3's motion sensitive controller. The title was released on the PlayStation Store in 2007. The company's second PlayStation 3 game, Flower, was released on the PlayStation Store in 2009, and their third game, Journey, was released in March 2012 on the PlayStation Store.
The 1933 double eagle is a United States 20-dollar gold coin. Although 445,500 specimens of this Saint-Gaudens double eagle were minted in 1933 none were ever officially circulated and all but two were melted down. Supposedly, 20 found their way into the hands of collectors, but 19 of these were subsequently seized or voluntarily turned in to the Secret Service, who destroyed nine of them, making this one of the world's rarest coins. Five are still missing out of the 20.
The economy of Ohio nominally would be the 25th largest global economy behind Sweden and ahead of Nigeria according to the 2013 World Bank projections, and the 24th largest global economy behind Sweden and ahead of Norway according to the 2013 International Monetary Fund projections. The state had a projected GDP of $526.1 billion in 2013, up from 517.1 in 2012, and up from 501.3 in 2011, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In 2013, Ohio was ranked in the top ten states for best business climate by Site Selection magazine, based on a business-activity database. The state was edged out only by Texas and Nebraska for the 2013 Governor's Cup award from the magazine, based on business growth and economic development. A new report by the Quantitative Economics and Statistics Practices (QUEST) of Ernst & Young in conjunction with the Council On State Taxation (COST), ranks Ohio as third in the nation for friendliest tax environment.
The attempt which extreme radicals all over the world are making to get control of both the political and business systems on the theory that they would make the industrial and business system serve the community, is a real danger so long as our present system does not accomplish that end; and this danger is real irrespective of the fact that they have as yet nowhere proved their case.
Is it possible to make our present system accomplish this end! If so, there is no excuse for such a change as they advocate, for the great industrial and business system on which our modem civilization depends is essentially sound at bottom, having grown up because of the service it rendered. Not until it realized the enormous power it had acquired through making itself indispensable to the community did it go astray by making the community serve it. It then ceased to render service democratically, but demanded autocratically that its will be done. It made tools and weapons of cities, states, and empires. Then came the great catastrophe.
In order to resume our advance toward the development of an unconquerable democratic civilization, we must purge our economic system of all autocratic practices of whatever kind, and return to the democratic principle of rendering service, which was the basis of its wonderful growth.
Unless within a short time we can accomplish this result, there is apparently nothing to prevent our following Europe into the economic confusion and welter which seem to threaten the very existence of its civilization.
- —Henry Gantt, Organizing for Work, 1919
Things you can do
Urgent and important articles are bold
Here are some tasks awaiting attention:
- Article requests : Abstract Fees, IFRS for small and medium entities, more...
- Assess : assess these pages
- Cleanup : Agricultural productivity, Bank fraud, Billpoint, Economic nationalism, Ethical implications in contracts, Financial adviser, Futures exchange, Gulf rupee, Pricing, Self insurance, Serfdom, Space elevator economics, Valuation, more...
- Disambiguation : cleanup links to dab pages
- Expand : Tom Basso, Clintonomics, Toby Crabel, Diversification (finance), Economy of Brazil, European Cooperative Society, Heavy industry, Larry Hite, Insourcing, Paul Tudor Jones, Planning Commission, Linda Bradford Raschke, Sales pitch, Singapore television channels, David Tepper, Monroe Trout, Tan Yu
- Infobox : add to business articles needing infoboxes
- Maintain : Portal:Business and economics
- Merge : Business Analysis, Corporate performance management, Economic growth, Excess reserves, Liberian Companies, National Association of Insurance Commissioners, Permanent war economy, more...
- NPOV : Economic interventionism, Energy economics, Rage Software Limited, more...
- Photo : add to requested photographs of business & economic topics and requested photographs of business and economics people
- Stubs : Bioeconomics, Debt compliance, Double auction, Kitchen sink regression, Single-entry accounting system, War economy, Workforce, more...
- Verify : add sources to Unreferenced BLPs
- Wikify : Economy of GDR, Investment specific technological progress, Marketization, Mediobanca, more...
- Other : Projects - Accounting, Business, Companies, Cooperatives, Deletion sorting, Economics, Finance & Investment, Game theory, International development, Numismatics, Private Equity, Retailing, Shopping Centers, Taxation, Trade, more...
On this day in Business history...
Did you know...
- ...that, as of August 2008, more than 113 countries around the world, including all of Europe, required or permitted IFRS reporting and 85 required IFRS reporting for all domestic, listed companies?
- ...that in the circular flow model, the inter-dependent entities of producer and consumer are referred to as "firms" and "households" respectively and provide each other with factors in order to facilitate the flow of income?
- ...that the balance of payments of a country is the record of all economic transactions between the residents of a country and the rest of the world in a particular period?