A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Ourboox platform enables users to add text in any language that is compatible with html5, to add artwork in jpeg, png, or gif formats, and to embed various media content from other websites, e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud and others.
Each e-book is identified by its own URL, and can be edited by the author even after it is published. The content on Ourboox is not protected by digital rights management (DRM), and can thus be readily indexed and searched by various search engines.
Ourboox has gained popularly among teachers and students, and currently has over 16000 books in 24 languages and 94 genres as of February 2017. It was established by Mel Rosenberg and Ran Shternin, and was launched in 2014.
- "About Ourboox".
- "OurBoox, the Israeli startup publisher looking to dust off your manuscript". Geektime. September 4, 2014.
- "The virtues of going virtual". Jerusalem Post. Jerusalem. July 15, 2015. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- "Publish Your Own Books With 'OurBoox', The 'YouTube' Of Literature". No Camels. February 21, 2015.
- "Times Educational Supplement (TES) recommendation of Ourboox". February 23, 2016.
- "Ourboox recommendation by the Israeli Ministry of Education".