No Place Like Home (2006 film)
Filmed in roughly one month between the end of October and the beginning of December 2005, Mr. Sell's film is an honest portrayal of 'Defend New Orleans' creator Jac Currie’s life after Hurricane Katrina and one of his first trips back to the Gulf Coast after being stranded in New York City. It shows Defend New Orleans’ transition to a valid social aid project and features some of the earliest produced footage of post-Katrina Mississippi Gulf Coast and New Orleans.
'No Place Like Home' features a moving soundtrack made by musicians personally connected with the subjects and interviews with friends who survived Katrina in New Orleans. All proceeds from DVD sales go directly towards Gulf Coast restoration funds.
Awards and honors
Though the film was shot entirely on a handheld hi-8 video camera on a $200.00 budget, 'No Place Like Home' received 'Best Picture' at the 2006 Blue November Film Festival in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and was screened internationally at the legendary Casablanca Theater in Dresden, Germany. In February 2007, 'Defend New Orleans' creator Jac Currie appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to promote the organization and the film.
Emphasis Entertainment Group (EEG) has entered an output agreement with independent filmmaker Courtney Fathom Sell and his Slumlord Productions company. The first release slated for Summer of 2008, will be Sell’s Award Winning and Critically Acclaimed Documentary "No Place Like Home".
- "No Place Like Home". Emphasis Entertainment Group. Retrieved 2008-08-10.
- "Defend New Orleans". No Place Like Home. Archived from the original on 2008-05-13. Retrieved 2008-08-10.
- Defend New Orleans
- "Defend New Orleans". The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Archived from the original on 2008-05-17. Retrieved 2008-08-10.
- No Place Like Home on IMDb
- http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/05-06/05-08-06/08local.htm - No Place Like Home in south coast Standard Times
- http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/12-06/12-10-06/03living.htm - Article on Director Courtney Fathom Sell in Standard Times