National Kaohsiung University of Hospitality and Tourism
Motto in English
|Perfect, Honest, Diligent, Modest|
|Established||1 July 1995 (as National Kaohsiung Hospitality Management Academy)|
1 August 2000 (as NKHC)
1 August 2010 (as NKUHT)
|National Kaohsiung University of Hospitality and Tourism|
The National Kaohsiung University of Hospitality and Tourism (NKUHT; Chinese: 國立高雄餐旅大學) is a public university located in Siaogang District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. It is the only public university specializing in hospitality and tourism in Taiwan.
The total amount of Bachelor, Master and Doctoral enrollments were 5,331 in 2016.
According to the Hospitality and Tourism Research Rankings, the NKUHT ranked 46th in the world, ranked No.6 in Asia University and ranked No.1 in Taiwan University.
The university was originally established as National Kaohsiung Hospitality Management Academy on 1 July 1995.
On 1 August 2000, it was upgraded to National Kaohsiung Hospitality College（NKHC）.
On 1 August 2010, it was upgraded to National Kaohsiung University of Hospitality and Tourism.
- School of Culinary Arts
- Graduate Institute of Food Culture and Innovation
- Department of Chinese Culinary Arts
- Department of Western Culinary Arts
- Department of Baking Technology and Management
- Department of Culinary Arts
- School of Hospitality Management
- Graduate Institute of Hospitality
- Department of Hotel Management
- Department of Food and Beverage Management
- Department of Hospitality and M.I.C.E. Marketing Management
- School of Tourism
- Graduate Institute of Tourism Management
- Department of Travel Management
- Department of Airline and Transport Service Management
- Department of Leisure, Recreation and Tourism Management
- International School
- Department of Applied English
- Department of Applied Japanese
- International Bachelor Program in Tourism Management
- International Bachelor Program in Chinese Culinary Arts
University Founding Principles
- Promote holistic education to cultivate outstanding talents for the hospitality and tourism industries.
- Integrate theory with practice to increase students’ competitiveness.
- Strengthen the cooperation between industry and academy to create a platform for hospitality research and development.
- Implement lifelong learning to improve the quality of hospitality and tourism employees.
- Develop international communication to promote a global outlook.
- Cultivate talented leaders for the hospitality industry
- Act as a key partner for business and industry
- Promote a new paradigm of hospitality education
The university also runs the Affiliated Hospitality Senior High School of National Kaohsiung University of Hospitality and Tourism，NKHHS, a daughter institution for secondary-school students in Taiwan.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Kaohsiung University of Hospitality and Tourism.|