|Mohana Sundaram |
|Directed by||A. T. Krishnasamy|
|Written by||A. T. Krishnasamy|
|Screenplay by||A. T. Krishnasamy|
|Story by||A. T. Krishnasamy|
|Based on||Mohana Sundaram by J. R. Ranga Rajan|
|Starring||T. R. Mahalingam |
V. K. Ramasamy
|Music by||T. G. Lingappa(debut)|
|Edited by||T. M. Lala|
|Distributed by||Sri Sukumara Productions|
|21 July 1951|
Mohana Sundaram (தமிழ்: மோகன சுந்தரம்) is 1951 Detective Fiction movie, directed and written by A. T. Krishnasamy. Music by T. G. Lingappa is an asset to the movie. The film stars T. R. Mahalingam, S. Varalakshmi B. R. Panthulu, V. K. Ramasamy and K. Sarangapani playing lead, with Chandra Babu, T. R. Ramachandran, G. Sakunthala and Suseela in supporting roles. The film was based on a detective story of same name by J. R. Ranga Rajan. The film was an average success.
Mohan Mudaliar (V. K. Ramasamy) and Sundaram Mudaliar (B. R. Panthulu) are partners in a private banking firm. Sundaram has a motherless daughter Vislakshi or Pappa (S. Varalakshmi), who falls in love with her orphaned cousin Boopathi (T. R. Mahalingam). She learns music from an attractive teacher named Leelavathi (Suseela) and Sundaram falls in love with her and neglects the bank. He even marries her, unaware that she has a husband serving a term in prison! Taking advantage of such a situation, Mohan begins to swindle the bank aided by his crooked assistant Gopalsami (Karthikeyan). Soon the teacher manipulates the family and succeeds in sending away Boopathi. Meanwhile, on being released from prison, the teacher's first husband named Bala Mudaliar (C. V. V. Panthulu) plans revenge against her. A murder and a robbery take place in the bank. The murder victim is assumed to be Sundaram, but he had been kidnapped earlier by another enemy Seetharaman (T. K. Ramachandran), who younger brother of Bala Mudaliar. Who was murdered? Govindan (K. Natarajan) the amateur detective takes over and using his bag of tricks solves the murder and the robbery and the happy couple is united in the end.
- T. R. Mahalingam as Boopathy, Pappa's Cousine
- S. Varalakshmi as Visalakshi or Pappa, Sundara Mudaliar's daughter
- B. R. Panthulu as Sundaram Mudaliar, Pappa's Father
- V. K. Ramasamy as Mohana Mudaliar, Sundara Mudaliar's Partner
- K. Sarangapani as Subbanna, Sundara Mudaliar's house Servant
- Chandra Babu as Gopu
- T. R. Ramachandran as Seetharaman, Bala Mudaliar's Younger brother
- Suseela as Leelavathi, Pappa's Music teacher
- Karthikeyan as Gopalsamy, Bank Manager
- G. Sakunthala as Maragatham, Gopu's lover
- C. V. V. Panthulu as Bala Mudaliar, Leelavathi's Husband
- K. Singaram as Bheema Rao
- K. S. Angamuthu as Pattammal, Canteen Labour
- K. Natarajan as CID Govindan
- Saraswathi as Leelavathi's Mother
- Kumari Kamala as Dancer
The film had pleasing music and some songs rendered as duet by T. R. Mahalingam and S. Varalakshmi become quite popular. Chandra Babu sang a westernised song Hello My dear darling.. many words in English, which attracted attention.
|1||"Oh Jagamathil Inbam"||T. R. Mahalingam S. Varalakshmi||K. D. Santhanam||02:17|
|2||"Oh Jagamathil Inbam" - Female||S. Varalakshmi|
|3||"Pattu Venuma Oru Paattu"||T. R. Mahalingam||03:02|
|4||"Oyillana Mayilattam"||P. Leela & K. Rani||03:51|
|5||"Pulli Maanai Pole"||T. R. Mahalingam S. Varalakshmi||02:10|
|6||"Kanneer Thaano En"||T. R. Mahalingam S. Varalakshmi||03:55|
|7||"Ninaivellam Neeya"||T. R. Mahalingam|
|8||"Avar Thaane En"||S. Varalakshmi|
|9||"Venmugil Kaana"||S. Varalakshmi||02:45|
|10||"Kannana Kanmani"||T. R. Mahalingam||03:47|
|11||"Inbam Pongum"||Chandra Babu Jikki||02:57|
- Randor Guy (11 June 2011). "Mohanasundaram 1951". "The Hindu". Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- "mohana sundaram movie". gomolo. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- "mohanasundaram". spicyonion. Retrieved 2016-05-12.
- "Mohana Sundaram". gaana. Retrieved 2016-05-12.