First issue of the magazine published in 1985
Axel Springer AG (1998-2012)
BlueOcean Publishing (2012-present)
Micromanía is a Spanish computer game magazine. It was founded by the publisher HobbyPress, currently a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. It was created in May 1985, and is one of the first magazines in Europe exclusively devoted to video games. It was first published soon after MicroHobby, which had been created just a few months earlier by the same publisher. The magazine in its two first periods was a major outlet supporting of the golden era of Spanish software. Micromanía celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2010. In July 2012, Axel Springer closed the magazine, focussing its video game coverage in its other magazine Hobby Consolas. The magazine team continues the magazine independently, published by BlueOcean Publishing.
The first issue of Micromanía was published in 1985, with new issues released monthly. The publication of the magazine has been divided into three periods, called in Spanish "Épocas". The first period lasted for three years, with 35 issues. The second period, starting in 1988, changed its physical size to adopt what became its iconic large newspaper size. The second period had 80 issues, the last one published in January 1995, the 11th year since the magazine's inception. In February 1995 the third "Época" started, which as of 2015 continues to be published. The magazine reshaped itself to a normal-sized magazine. The magazine celebrated its 20 years anniversary in 2005, and its 30 years anniversary in 2014.
- Marcos Sagrado (27 May 2014). "RetroMadrid 2014: Lo antiguo vuelve con fuerza - 30 Años de Micromanía" [RetroMadrid 2014: The old comes back strong - 30 years of Micromanía] (in Spanish). Madrid, Spain: Tek’n’Life - The Unnamed Project S.L.L. Archived from the original on 27 August 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- "Micromanía (Base de datos de la PRensa ESpañola de Videojuegos)". Spain: DeVuego.es. 2018. Archived from the original on Dec 30, 2017. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- "Editorial de presentación en el que no decimos a nadie el hueco que venimos a llenar" [Introduction editorial in which we tell no one the niche that we come to fill]. Micromania (in Spanish). Madrid, Spain. 1: 5. 1985.
- "Index page". Micromanía (in Spanish). Madrid, Spain. 2 (1): 5. 1988.
- Ricardo Fernández (13 July 2014). "ANOTHER WORLD: 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION ANÁLISIS - REGRESO AL PASADO" [Another World: 20th anniversary edition analysis - Return to the past] (in Spanish). Spain: IGN España. Archived from the original on 11 September 2014. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Index page". Micromanía (in Spanish). Madrid, Spain.
- "Editorial". Micromanía (in Spanish). Madrid, Spain. 3 (1): 3. February 1995.
- Francisco Delgado (March 2005). "¡Gracias por estar ahí!" [Thank you for being there!]. Micromanía (in Spanish). Madrid, Spain. 3 (122): 5.
- "Axel Springer anuncia a su plantilla el cierre de cinco revistas" [Axel Springer announces to its employees the closing of five magazines]. El Mundo (in Spanish). Madrid. 14 June 2012. Archived from the original on 13 December 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Jose Luis (4 August 2014). "La Xbox One blanca podría llegar a las tiendas el 28 de octubre (sin Kinect)". Archived from the original on 3 December 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Jaume Esteve (11 November 2012). "Una abadía con muros de plata" [An abbey with silver walls]. El Mundo (in Spanish). Barcelona, Spain. Archived from the original on 13 November 2012. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- Redacción (19 June 2012). "Axel Springer España comunica oficialmente el ERE: podrían salir 30 personas". Madrid, Spain: PRNoticias. Archived from the original on 22 July 2013. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- Daniel Quesada (12 April 2014). "La antigua Hobby Consolas: La Viñeta Consolera" [The old Hobby Consolas: the video game console comic strip]. Hobby Consolas (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 3 December 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "¡Malditas conversiones!". 22 December 2009. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- V. Navarro / B. Louviers (1 August 2011). "Las 10 cosas que nunca olvidarás de los videojuegos de los 80" [The 10 things you will never forget from the videogames of the 80s]. La Informacion (in Spanish). Spain. Archived from the original on 13 April 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Rivera, Abraham (Dec 2, 2016). "'Hobby Consolas': cuando Sonic vendía más que Julio Iglesias - Imposible imaginarse los noventa sin esta cabecera mítica para jugadores de Sega, Nintendo o hasta Neo Geo. Entrevistamos a sus creadores y nos recuerdan anécdotas curiosas como el suceso de la katana". El País. Spain. Archived from the original on May 2, 2017. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
|This video game magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.