|Alma mater||Central University Hyderabad, Osmania University|
|Allegiance||Indian Police Service|
|Rank||Additional Director General of Police|
Manoj Abraham (born 3 June 1971) is the current Additional Director General of Police, Thiruvananthapuram Range. He has the additional charge of ADGP, State Crime Records Bureau and Nodal Officer of Kerala Police CyberDome.
Abraham joined the Indian Police Service as an officer in 1994, drawn on the Kerala Cadre. His first post was assistant superintendent of Police in the Adoor and Kasaragod sub-divisions. After being promoted in 1998, he was posted in Pathanamthitta district and Kollam district. He was subsequently transferred to Kannur for four years, and then to Kerala Police Headquarters as Assistant Inspector General of Police. He worked for seven years as the Commissioner of Police for Cochin and Thiruvananthapuram. Abraham also holds the position of Nodal Officer in the Kerala Police 'Cyber Dome'. Currently he is serving as ADGP in Kerala.
Awards and recognitions
Abraham has received awards for community policing initiatives and traffic reforms:
|Year||Category||Institution or publication||Result||Notes||Ref.|
|2009||Vocational Excellence Award||Rotary International|
|2009||International Community Policing Award||International Association of Chiefs of Police, USA||Won|||
|2010||Significant Achievement Award||Rotary International||Won||Notes|||
|2011||Man of the Decade Award||People's Forum of Kochi||Won||For effective crime control and successful management of law and order in Kochi.|||
|2011||Police Medal for meritorious service.||Law enforcement in India||Won||By the Indian President|||
|2020||Technology Leadership award||Kerala Management Association||Won||By the Indian President|||
- In 2012, Abraham co-edited the book Global Community Policing - Problems and Prospects, published by CRC Press. ISBN 9781439884164
- "IPS : Query Result(s)". Disciplinary & Transparency Forum.
- "Key postings made in Kerala Police". The Hindu. 8 September 2020.
- "Kerala ADGP Manoj Abraham bags tech leadership award". Outlook India.
- "Manoj Abraham". www.polcyb.org.
- "Manoj Abraham, a no-nonsense officer". The Hindu. 30 January 2008.
- "Tryst with Technology - eGov Magazine". Elets. 29 February 2016.
- "Manoj Abraham: 'Disproportionate' assets of IG Manoj Abraham: Kerala HC quashes vigilance court's order | Kochi News". The Times of India.
- "Manoj Abraham steps down as Secretary as rift within IPS Association widens". Mathrubhumi.
- "Excellence award". The Hindu. 11 November 2009.
- "A Gift for Traffic Personnal". The Hindu. 18 August 2010.
- "Award presented to Manoj Abraham". The Hindu. 23 January 2011.
- "President's Medal for 18 cops from Kerala". New Indian Express. 15 August 2011.