|Directed by||G. R. Nathan|
|Produced by||Visalakshi Films|
|Screenplay by||Valampuri Somanathan|
K. R. Vijaya
T. S. Balaiah
|Cinematography||G. R. Nathan|
|Edited by||S. Surya |
|Distributed by||Velankanni Cini Arts|
|1 February 1964|
Karuppu Panam (lit. Black Money) is a 1964 Indian Tamil-language film, directed by G. R. Nathan. The dialogue and story were written by Kannadasan and the screenplay was written by Valampuri Somanathan. Music was by M. S. Viswanathan and T. K. Ramamoorthy. It stars Kannadasan, K. Balaji, K. R. Vijaya and Sheela in lead roles. The movie was commercially successful at the box office.
- Kannadasan as Thanikachalam (The Block money Thift Gang Leader & Block Mailer)
- K. Balaji as Gandhi (Thanikachalam's son)
- K. R. Vijaya as Devi (Gandhi Lover)
- T. S. Balaiah as Sattanathan (Bissnus Rich Man)
- Sheela as Lucy (Thankachalam's daughter & Miss. Madrass, Thift Gang Dancer)
- K. Sarangkapani as Dhamodharan (Bus Transport Woner)
- V. S. Raghavan as Sambhasivam (Judge role)
- Ramanathan as (Devi Brother)
- Kuladeivam Rajagopal as Raju (Sattanathan Son)
- C. K. Saraswathi as Shankari (Sattanathan's second wife)
- S. N. Lakshmi as Sattanatha's first wife
- Shanmuga Sundaram as Sundaram (Police inspector)
- S. Varalakshmi as Kamala (Sundaram wife)
|Soundtrack album by|
|Producer||M. S. Viswanathan |
T. K. Ramamoorthy
|1||"Ellarum Ellamum"||Sirkazhi Govindarajan||Kannadasan||3:15|
|3||"Kanmani Kanmai Kanne"||P. Suseela||3:22|
|4||"Ammamma Keladi"||L. R. Eswari||5:28|
|7||"Pattu Chiragukonda"||A. L. Raghavan L. R. Eswari||3:44|
|8||"Thangachi Chinna Ponnu"||Sirkazhi Govindarajan L. R. Eswari||6:24|
|9||"Iraiva Iraiva" (Unthan Rajasabai)||S. Janaki||4:21|
- "karuppu panam". spicyonion. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- "karuppu panam". freetamilmp3. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- "karuppu panam songs". mp3mad. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- "karuppu panam songs". gaana. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- "Karuppu Panam being part of Aadavaralaam". RedMux. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|