ISO 11783, known as Tractors and machinery for agriculture and forestry—Serial control and communications data network (commonly referred to as "ISO Bus" or "ISOBUS") is a communication protocol for the agriculture industry based on the SAE J1939 protocol (which includes CANbus) .
It is managed by the ISOBUS group in VDMA.
The ISOBUS standard specifies a serial data network for control and communications on forestry or agricultural tractors and implements.
The standard comes in 14 parts:
- ISO 11783-1: General standard for mobile data communication
- ISO 11783-2: Physical layer
- ISO 11783-3: Data link layer
- ISO 11783-4: Network layer
- ISO 11783-5: Network management
- ISO 11783-6: Virtual terminal
- ISO 11783-7: Implement messages application layer
- ISO 11783-8: Power train messages
- ISO 11783-9: Tractor ECU
- ISO 11783-10: Task controller and management information system data interchange
- ISO 11783-11: Mobile data element dictionary
- ISO 11783-12: Diagnostics services
- ISO 11783-13: File server
- ISO 11783-14: Sequence control
Agricultural Industry Electronics Foundation and ISOBUS
The Agricultural Industry Electronics Foundation works to promote ISOBUS and coordinate enhanced certification tests for the ISO 11783 standard.
Media related to ISOBUS at Wikimedia Commons