This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The hospitality industry is a broad category of fields within the service industry that includes lodging, food and drink service, event planning, theme parks, transportation, cruise line, traveling and additional fields within the tourism industry.
The hospitality industry is an industry that depends on the availability of leisure time and disposable income. A hospitality unit such as a restaurant, hotel, or an amusement park consists of multiple groups such as facility maintenance and direct operations (servers, housekeepers, porters, kitchen workers, bartenders, management, marketing, and human resources etc.).
Before structuring as an industry, the historical roots of hospitality was in the western world in the form of social assistance mainly for Christian pilgrims directed to Rome. For such a reason, the eldest public hospital in Europe was the Ospedale di Santo Spirito in Sassia founded in Rome in the 8th century. on the model of the oriental world.
Restaurants and bars
Travel and tourism
- Convention and visitor bureau
- Hospitality management
- Hospitality service
- Leisure industry
- American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute
- Prix Versailles
- "Industries at a Glance: Leisure and Hospitality". Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Mattoni, Silvia, et al. "From a Pope’s nightmare, a great public health institution: the Santo Spirito in Saxia Hospital, in Rome." Italian Journal of Public Health 7.2 (2012)
- "Hotel & Hospitality Management course". JBIHM. Retrieved 2019-06-17.