Daniel C. Lipford
May 27, 1957
|Occupation||Home Improvement Personality|
Danny Lipford (born May 29, 1957) is an American contractor and television personality known to audiences as Host and Executive Producer of the nationally syndicated home improvement television and radio shows, Today's Homeowner with Danny Lipford, and for his appearances on The Weather Channel, and CBS's The Early Show.
Lipford was born in Marianna, Florida. At the age of 9, Danny got the home improvement bug and bought his first tool, a jigsaw from a mail order catalogue. He moved to Mobile, Alabama in 1975 to attend the University of South Alabama but his side job as a handyman turned into a full-time passion. In 1978, he started his remodeling business, Lipford Construction, which celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2008.
Today's Homeowner with Danny Lipford
The Weather Channel
In 2000, Lipford joined The Weather Channel as their home improvement expert. In daily short segments broadcast throughout the week, he offers advice and guidance on a variety of home topics. Each Saturday morning he also hosts The Home Depot Project of the Week, highlighting the designs, materials and decisions that are involved in a variety of indoor and outdoor projects.
Lipford also covers weather-related home topics for the Weather Channel including hurricane preparation tips, and recovering from a tornado. He has also appeared live from across the country for special first day of the season broadcasts from Traverse City, Michigan, Fish Creek, Wisconsin, and other locations.
CBS This Morning
Lipford has been the home improvement contributor to CBS This Morning, and its predecessor, The Early Show, for over a decade. In short segments, he demonstrates a variety of how-to projects in the studio and on location and has appeared live from the floor of industry trade shows including the International Builders' Show and the Kitchen and Bath Show.
Better Homes and Gardens and Other Appearances
Lipford has also demonstrated spring cleaning tips on LIVE with Regis & Kelly, moderated "Thermostat Wars" on The Rachael Ray Show and shown how to hang Christmas lights safely on Inside Edition. He has been a resource for magazines and newspapers ranging from Parade magazine to the Chicago Tribune.
- Danny Lipford
- CBS News - Breaking News Headlines and Video from CBSNews.com
- "Home Projects Guru Marks 10 Years on the Air", Press Register, September 23, 2007
- Weather.com http://www.weather.com/activities/homeandgarden/home/hometips/homemaintenance/dannylipford.html
- "Do It Yourself Garden Decorating" http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6433127n&tag=mncol;lst;2
- "HouseWise with Danny Lipford" http://www.bhg.com/home-improvement/house-wise-with-danny-lipford/
- "6 Ways to Lower Energy Bills", Parade magazine http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2007/edition_09-16-2007/Lower_Energy_Bills
- "Danny Lipford's tips for Putting Art Up on the Wall", Chicago Tribune http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/newspaper/printedition/sunday/home/chi-0217art_hanging_sidefeb17,0,3492760.story