Daily Record (Maryland)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||11 E. Saratoga St., Baltimore, Maryland|
Founded by Edwin Warfield, The Daily Record was first published in 1888 as a court and commercial paper. Minneapolis-based Dolan Media Inc., (NYSE: DM) acquired the Daily Record Company in 1994. The paper launched its Web site in 1997. Dolan was acquired by GateHouse Media in 2015 and renamed BridgeTower Media the next year.
The Daily Record reports on commerce, finance, law, business, construction and real estate, with a focus on Baltimore City and Baltimore County. Friday's edition features Maryland Business, with an expanded look at business news.
Monday's edition features Maryland Lawyer, which expands on the paper's normal coverage of local, regional and national legal trends. The paper tracks Maryland's appellate courts (the Court of Appeals and the Court of Special Appeals and selected trial-level courts, including the circuit courts for Baltimore City and Baltimore County and Montgomery County and includes significant case law and opinion digests. The paper also covers the federal courts in Baltimore and Greenbelt and the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
A Saturday edition was discontinued in 2008.
Additional publications and events
The Daily Record produces a number of target publications focused on particular aspects of Maryland business. The company also produces the newsletter Maryland Family Law Monthly, which tracks family law matters in the state.
The paper hosts a number of annual events honoring members of Maryland's business, legal, health care and other industries. These include Maryland's Top 100 Women, Leadership in Law and Influential Marylanders.
On the Record is the paper's legal blog and features contributions from the paper's writing and editing staff. Eye on Annapolis is a government matters blog written by The Daily Record's Maryland General Assembly reporter, with intensive coverage during the 90-day session running from January to March. "Maryland Business" is The Daily Record's business blog featuring contributions from the writing and editing staff. And "Generation J.D." is The Daily Record's blog for young lawyers, written by attorneys from across the state who are rising stars in the legal profession.
- Mondo Times Media Directory
- Maryland State Archives
- Dolan Media Co.
- Yahoo Finance
- says, K. (2017-02-28). "What's behind the Gatehouse biz newspaper strategy". Talking Biz News. Retrieved 2020-01-26.
- Lexis Nexis
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- Court of Special Appeals
- Baltimore County Circuit Court
- "Montgomery County Circuit Court". Archived from the original on 2008-08-18. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- U.S. District Court, Maryland
- "4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals". Archived from the original on 2004-11-12. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "TDR annual events". Archived from the original on 2008-08-19. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- On the Record
- Eye on Annapolis
- Maryland General Assembly
- Maryland Business[permanent dead link]
- Generation J.D
- "NNA.org 2007 awards". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2008-08-08.