|Former names||Agriculture Hall, Botany Hall, Old Botany Hall|
|Architectural style||Queen Anne Revival|
|Location||Osborn Dr., Iowa State University; Ames, Iowa|
|Current tenants||College of Liberal Arts & Sciences; Philosophy and Religious Studies; Carrie Chapman Center for Women and Politics|
|Owner||Iowa State University|
|Landlord||Iowa State University|
Catt Hall is an administrative building completed in 1892, at Iowa State University which currently houses the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies, and the Carrie Chapman Center for Women and Politics. The building is named for Carrie Chapman Catt, an American women's rights activist and founder of the League of Women Voters. She graduated from Iowa State in 1880 at the top of her class.
Originally known as Agriculture Hall, the building was completed in 1893, and housed the Agriculture, Horticulture, and Veterinary Science departments. In the early 1900s, the Department of Agricultural Engineering moved into the building which was renamed Agricultural Engineering Building until 1922, when the department moved into its own building. Following this move, the building was renamed Botany Hall, then Old Botany Hall, after the Botany department moved to Bessey Hall in 1968. Although the building was condemned in 1966, Old Botany was partially occupied until spring of 1994. In 1985, the building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The building's interior was gutted and renovated in 1995, at which point it was given its current name and purpose as the administrative office for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Plaza of Heroines
Located in front of Catt Hall, the Plaza of Heroines is a brick filled area containing over 3,600 bricks dedicated to women who have made an impact on their families, communities, and society as role models.
- History of Campus Buildings
- Catt Hall sparks controversy
- 'Workers begin to lay bricks at Catt Hall's Plaza of Heroines', Iowa State Daily, July 18, 1995.
- Catt Hall Picture
- To fund the impossible dream. (renovation of Carrie Chapman Catt Hall at Iowa State University of Science and Technology)
- History Opens Its Heart to Carrie Chapman Catt
- CATT (CARRIE CHAPMAN) HALL, ISU
- "Catt Hall - College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Iowa State University". Iowa State University. 2009. Archived from the original on 2009-09-05.
- "Catt Hall – Facilities Planning & Management". Iowa State University. 2009.