2011 Webby Awards
The 15th annual 2011 Webby Awards were held on June 13, 2011 in New York City. The show was hosted by Lisa Kudrow and was streamed live via Facebook, The Huffington Post and Funny or Die. The Webby for lifetime achievement was awarded to former Motorola executive, Martin Cooper.
Nominees and winners
|Category||Webby Award winner||People's Voice winner||Other nominees|
|Games||Lego Star Wars III
||Robot Unicorn Attack
|Halo Waypoint Website|
|Mobile & Apps - Games-Handheld Devices||Angry Birds
||AMCtv.com -- Mad Men Cocktail Culture App|
|Elmo's Monster Maker|
|FarmVille on iPhone|
|Mobile & Apps - Games-Tablet & All Other Devices||Jambalaya
||Grover's Number Special
|Rhythm Racer II|
|TRON Legacy: Circuit Pulse|
|Interactive Advertising - Game or Application||Google Chrome Fastball
|M&M's Find Red
|Battle of the Cheetos|
|Create your own Paper Head|
|This table is not complete, please help to complete it from material on this page.|
Winners and nominees are generally named according to the organization or website winning the award, although the recipient is, technically, the web design firm or internal department that created the winning site and in the case of corporate websites, the designer's client. Web links are provided for informational purposes, both in the most recently available archive.org version before the awards ceremony and, where available, the current website. Many older websites no longer exist, are redirected, or have been substantially redesigned.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-05-30. Retrieved 2013-02-03.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Staff. "People / IBM computer named Webbys' person of year." The Commercial Appeal. 3 June 2011.
- Staff. "Celebrity news." Telegraph Herald. 3 June 2011.
- Coyle, Jake. "IBM's Watson named 'person' of the year by Webbys." AP Online. 2 June 2011.
- Staff. "Jeopardy champ computer web's 'person of the year'." Winnipeg Free Press. 3 June 2011.